Leveraging Information and Communication Technology for Sales Training: Two Short Cases
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand how Information and Communication Technology could be leveraged for sales training
- Analyze the Nike 'Sports Knowledge Underground' program and how it enabled training of Nike's front-line sales force.
- Analyze the Rep Race program and it enabled training of Bayer's front-line sales force.
- To understand the issues and challenges in designing and implementing an e-learning program.
- To discuss the pros and cons of using an e-learning/ m-learning programs.
- To discuss how training can be imparted through modes such as video games and over the mobile phone (m-learning) and the viability of this.
|Nike 'Sports Knowledge Underground'|
|Bayes's 'Rep Race - The Battle For Office Supremacy'|
Information and communication technology; Communication; E-learning; M-learning; Simulation; Game; Sales force effectiveness; Training; Sales training; Entry behavior; Instructional design; Generation Y; Digital generation; Pre-call planning; Objection handling