Disney’s MagicBand System: Leveraging Technology to Enhance Customer Experience
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understanding how Disney was trying to leverage digital technology to enhance customer experience.
- Understanding the various practices of service quality management and how the MagicBands can be helpful in managing service quality at Disney.
- Discussing the concept of customer database, data warehousing, and data mining in line with the Disney MyMagic+ system.
- Examining how customer data could help in segmenting customer market.
- Discussing and debating whether the new technology driven customer service could actually be beneficial in long run. Listing out the pros and cons of MM+ system for Disney and its visitors.
- Discussing the ethical implications of modern tools for enhancing customer service.
- Exploring ways in which Disney can implement the system effectively.
|A WIN-WIN TECHNOLOGY|
|THE OTHER SIDE|
Leverage digital technology to enhance customer experience; Vacation management system, RFID technology; Customer service, Service quality management, Service innovation, Customer database, Data warehousing, Data mining, Self-service technologies, Monitoring systems, Customer Experience Management, Ethical implications of technology-driven customer service, Privacy, Security