Channel Conflict at Samsung India
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the issues and challenges involved in designing effective distribution and channel strategies.
- Understand how to prevent or deal with channel conflicts that arise due to changing trends in the market.
- Understand the changes in the tastes and preferences of consumers in the era of rapidly changing technology.
- Analyze the pros and cons of Samsung’s decision to favor the offline channel.
- Explore ways in which companies can tackle the online-offline channel conflict.
|SAMSUNG’S DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS|
|RISE OF E-COMMERCE IN INDIA|
|ONLINE-OFFLINE RETAIL CONFLICT|
|TURBULENT TIMES FOR SAMSUNG|
|SAMSUNG CHANGES CHANNEL STRATEGY|
|THE ROAD AHEAD|
Channel Strategy; Channel conflict, Distribution, Online-offline channel conflict, Consumer behaviour, Competitive strategy, Predatory pricing, Mobile phones, e-commerce, Samsung, India