Case Code : CLHR010
Publication date : 2009
Subject : Human Resources/ Organization Behavior
Industry : -
Length : 03 Pages
Price : Rs. 100
To download this case click on the button below, and select the case from the list of available cases:
Management, human resources management, HR, human capital, HR policies, leadership development, leadership, innovation, openness, meritocracy, corporate strategy, corporate planning, Infosys, India, information technology, IT, Voice of Youth, Microsoft
* This caselet is intended for use only in class discussions.
** More comprehensive case studies are priced at Rs.200 to Rs.700 (US $5 to US $16) per copy.
Infosys Technologies Ltd. (Infosys), one of India's leading information technology (IT) companies started the 'Voice of Youth' (VoY) program in 1994 to harness the creative energy of its young employees and also develop future leaders. As of 2008, the company was not only considered one of the most innovative companies globally, but its VoY program also catapulted it to the league of 'Top Companies for Leaders'.
Questions for Discussion:
1. Critically analyze Infosys' 'Voice of Youth' (VoY) program
2. Do you think such programs help in fostering innovation in the organization? Give reasons for your answers.
3. What are the effects of such programs on the motivation level of employees?
Cases on related topics:
1. Some HR Dilemmas in Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing Firms
2. Leadership Training and Development at the BBC
3. Succession Planning at GE
4. Innovation at Whirlpool - Creating a New Competency