Case Code : CLHR030
Publication date : 2009
Subject : Human Resource Management
Industry : Media
Length : 03 Pages
Price : Rs. 100
To download this case click on the button below, and select the case from the list of available cases:
training, training interventions, online training, interactive digital learning system, classroom training, group training, emerging media and technologies, social network, personas, training modules, web-based training, training video games, knowledge, skills, Mspace, GroupM, MySpace, WPP
* This caselet is intended for use only in class discussions.
** More comprehensive case studies are priced at Rs.200 to Rs.700 (US $5 to US $16) per copy.
In 2008, leading global media investment management company, GroupM, started an online training initiative that closely resembled a social networking site. The program called Mspace, was created to bolster the interactive advertising knowledge of its employees and build their digital skills. The program made use of personas to deliver the training modules.
Questions for Discussion
1. Critically analyze GroupM's Mspace online training initiative.
2. "Even something like Mspace has to be used as an adjunct to a formal digital training program." Discuss.
Cases on Related Topic
1. Nike's 'Sports Knowledge Underground' E-learning Initiative
2. Improving Sales Force Effectiveness: Bayer's Experiment with New Technology
3. Employee Training and Development at Motorola