Case Code : CLMM083
Publication date : 2010
Subject : Marketing Management
Industry : Advertising
Length : 03 Pages
Price : Rs. 100
To download this case click on the button below, and select the case from the list of available cases:
Ericsson, rebranding, brand strategy, brand evolution, logo, telecom market, GSM, 3G
1: This caselet is intended for use only in class discussions.
2: More comprehensive case studies are priced at Rs.200 to Rs.700 (US $5 to US $16) per copy.
In late 2009, Ericsson India unveiled its new logo in India as a part of its rebranding strategy. This was a bid to convey its customers that the company had evolved from being just a telecom equipment supplier to one which manages services. The new logo with its vibrant color aimed to portray the dynamism with which the company operated. Analysts felt that it was logical for Ericsson India to go in for rebranding considering the positive growth outlook of the telecom market in India.
Questions for Discussion
1. What is the rationale behind Ericsson's rebranding exercise?
2. Do you think the new logo of Ericsson will help customers realize the evolution of the company? What else needs to be done?
Case Studies on Related Topics
1. Canadian Club: Repositioning a Dormant Brand
2. Burger King's 'Whopper Freakout' Marketing Campaign
3. Promoting 'Paranormal Activity
4. Turkey: Emerging as a Value-based Destination Amidst Economic Slowdown