Case Code : CLMM084
Publication date : 2010
Subject : Marketing Management
Industry : Consumer Packaged Goods
Length : 06 Pages
Price : Rs. 100
To download this case click on the button below, and select the case from the list of available cases:
Marketing, branding, advertising, advertising icon, advertising mascot, advertising jingle, promotional campaign, ad campaign, brand extension, stereotyping, sexual stereotyping, pop culture, product innovation, licensing program, consumer packaged goods, household cleaner, liquid cleanser market, Mr. Clean, Procter and Gamble, P&G, Tiger Woods
1: This caselet is intended for use only in class discussions.
2: More comprehensive case studies are priced at Rs.200 to Rs.700 (US $5 to US $16) per copy.
Procter and Gamble Company’s Mr. Clean brand had been using the 'Mr. Clean' advertising icon for more than five decades. The cartoon mascot of a muscular tanned bald man with its well-known advertising jingle was a key component of all Mr. Clean ads. With its numerous campaigns, P&G was able to make this icon a part of popular culture.
Questions for Discussion
1. "What an exciting time it is for Mr. Clean - a baby boomer who is transitioning from cleaning floors for fifty years to a rewarding second career operating car washes." Discuss.
2. Discuss the pros and cons of having an advertising icon such as Mr. Clean.
Case Studies on Related Topics
1. Burger King's 'Whopper Freakout' Marketing Campaign
2. Promoting 'Paranormal Activity
3. Turkey: Emerging as a Value-based Destination Amidst Economic Slowdown
4. Marketing Pristiq: The Advertising Challenge