Case Code : CLMM087
Publication date : 2010
Teaching Note: Available
Subject : Marketing Management
Industry : Banking
Length : 02 Pages
Price : Rs. 100
To download this case click on the button below, and select the case from the list of available cases:
Bank deposits, deposits and allied services, Banker-customer relationship, Marketing of financial products and services, banking
1: This caselet is intended for use only in class discussions.
2: More comprehensive case studies are priced at Rs.200 to Rs.700 (US $5 to US $16) per copy.
Raghunath Gupta, Manager in a large public sector bank in India, informally gathered some insights into what role a bank and its services played in a customer's life on the insistence of his reporting manager. These insights prompted him to take a relook at the deposits products and allied services that he was handling.
Questions for Discussion
1. How do I serve my customers in a better way? If a person like Rajani approaches my bank, am I well aware of the various banking services that she can use so that I can talk to her about them? What types of schemes should we offer? How should we market these schemes? How can I make a positive difference in the lives of my customers?
Case Studies on Related Topics
1. Project Parivartan: State Bank of India's Internal Communication Initiative
2. YES BANK: Competitive Strategy of a Late Entrant
3. State Bank of India: Competitive Strategies of a Market Leader
4. UTI Bank to AXIS Bank: A Corporate Rebranding Exercise