Microfinance Industry in India
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the challenges that businesses may face due to the unfavorable policy decisions taken by governments
- Discuss the ways in which companies can deal with unfavorable government policies that can stifle their business activities.
- Appreciate the importance of properly scrutinizing the macro environmental factors while running a business organization.
- Analyze the strategies that were followed MFIs operating in India to overcome the crisis.
- Identify the opportunities and threats faced by MFIs in India and discuss and debate the future strategies that they should follow.
|Microfinance Industry in Trouble|
|The Mess that Followed|
|The Other Side of the Coin|
suicide,unfavorable policy,macro,business organization,MFI,Spandana Sphoorty ,Padmaja Reddy,Microfinance,NABARD,Cooperative Banks,Bandhan,zero percent,Malegam committee,Indian Microfinance industry; Business environment; Regulatory environment; Unfavorable government policies; Macroenvironment; PESTEL; Key drivers of change; Opportunities; Threats; Andhra Pradesh Micro Finance Institutions (Regulation of Money Lending) Ordinance; Microfinance Institutions (Development and Regulation) Bill