Volkswagen Defeat Device Scandal
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Bring out the dark side of capitalism where the executives try to achieve their goal of creating wealth with little concern for the environment or society.
- Understand the reasons for the failure of corporate governance systems at Volkswagen.
- Analyze the role of ethics in a growing competitive business environment.
- Debate the reasons for the failure of external systems in recognizing problems and their effects on environmental and health.
- Debate the ramifications of the scandal on regulations in different parts of the world, especially for Europe and for Germany in particular.
|BACKGROUND NOTES ON VOLKSWAGEN|
|VOLKSWAGEN’S ‘DIESELGATE’ SCANDAL|
|CORPORATE GOVERNANCE ISSUES AT VOLKSWAGEN|
|WHISTLEBLOWER PROTECTIONS AT GERMANY|
Radical Openness, defeat device, scandal, environmental effect, health effects, Environment Protection Agency, Consequentialist Theories, Dieselgate Scandal, Corporate Governance, Whistleblower Protections, Financial impact, Volkawagen, Psychological Egoism, Clean Air Act.