Asset Reconstruction Companies in India – Challenges and Opportunities
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Reasons for ARCs being allowed in India.
- Business model of ARCs in India.
- Opportunities and challenges facing ARCs in India.
- Legal challenges for banks and ARCs in India in recovering, restructuring, and winding up defaulting companies.
- Non-Performing Assets in Banks .
- Impact of NPAs on Banks’ performance.
|THE ARCs’ BUSINESS|
|CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES|
Asset Reconstruction Companies in India – Challenges and Opportunities (SMCS), Micro Finance Institutions (MFI),Self-Help Groups (SHGs),Center for Youth and Social Development (CYSD),Poverty alleviation, SHG–Bank Linkage Program (SBLP), Micro finance sector, Capacity building support