McDonald’s: Using Social Media to Connect with Customers
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- To understand the role of social sites in McDonald’s marketing strategy and the benefits accruing to the company in terms of increasing sales and customer reach.
- To understand the pros and cons of social sites for a global restaurant chain like McDonald’s.
- To analyze the company’s efforts in handling the positive and negative responses from the public on social media.
- To understand how the customers’ responses on social sites are different when the marketers ‘talk with’ the customers and respond to their doubts and queries. To examine the level of satisfaction the customers receive from such two-way interactions.
- To understand how to analyze the opportunities presented by the social media outlets and how to grab these opportunities.
- To understand how McDonald’s has been using social sites, apart from promoting its products, for activities of social cause.
|Foray Into Social Media|
|Other Social Sites|
|The Other Side Of Social Media|
McDonalds, Social Media, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, PInterest, business communication, marketing communication, social sites, digital strategy, customer engagement, brand building through social media,