i-pill: Market Development Challenges at Piramal Enterprises Limited
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Social stigma attached to the product usage.
- Compliance issues with regulatory bodies while developing advertisement campaigns and promotions.
- Threat from competitors.
- Educating consumers about the product.
- Understanding Ansoff growth matrix.
- Understanding product life cycle (PLC) and growth.
- Outlining importance of educating consumers and developing markets.
- Marketing Ethics and Social Responsibility.
- Advertising appeals.
|BACKGROUND OF PIRAMAL ENTERPRISES|
|INSIGHTS INTO THE CONTRACEPTIVE MARKET|
|THE PRODUCT: i-PILL|
|AFTERMATH OF i-PILL LAUNCH: PIRAMAL’S ACQUISITION AND PUBLIC CONTROVERSIES|
|THE ROAD AHEAD|
Contraceptive market,Embarrassing brands,Advertising,Consumer behavior,Healthcare,Over the Counter medicines