Innovation at Virgin America: Creating and Sustaining a Distinctive Brand
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Evaluate the strategies adopted by the airline to build a highly-differentiated brand image and a loyal customer base.
- Analyze the competitive strategy adopted by Virgin America as a late entrant into the US airline industry .
- Discuss the importance of innovation in a competitive industry.
- Understand issues and concepts in branding .
- Discuss and debate whether the Virgin America brand will survive the merger .
|FOCUSING ON INNOVATION|
|BUILDING THE BRAND IMAGE|
|DECISION TO MERGE WITH ALASKA AIRLINES|
|CAN THE VIRGIN AMERICA BRAND SURVIVE?|
Brand management; Branding: Brand image; Brand personality; brand experience; Competitive strategy; Innovation; Differentiation; Service innovations; Services marketing; Business strategy; Positioning; Digital; Social media