Unilever in Africa: Targeting the Bottom of the Pyramid
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Appreciate the business potential at the ‘Bottom of the Pyramid’.
- Recognize the capacity for growth in developing nations for multinational companies.
- Assess the need for developing innovative products for ‘Bottom of the Pyramid’
- Understand the need to develop efficient distribution networks in countries with poor infrastructure.
- Appreciate the real issues and challenges that businesses face in Africa and explore ways through which they could factor in these while working out strategies.
|UNILEVER’s GROWTH IN AFRICA|
|FOCUSING ON LOCAL NEEDS|
|OFFERING FORTIFIED FOODS|
|EXPANDING THE REACH|
|AFRICA: FOCUS OF UNILEVER’S SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAMS|
Unilever, Bottom of the Pyramid, Multinational, Innovation, Distribution Systems, Africa, Developing Countries, Affordable, Branding, Market Research, Brand Ambassadors, Customer Segmentation, Entry Strategy, Pricing, Marketing Strategy