JBS S.A.: A Latin American Success Story
This case is a Winner of the 2015 EFMD Case Writing Awards ('Latin American Business Cases' category), organized by EFMD.
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Analyze the strategy adopted by JBS and understand the factors that contributed to the success of JBS..
- Understand the possible advantages of leveraging growth through acquisitions.
- Study the competitive advantages JBS derived being a Brazilian company.
- Examine the challenges faced by emerging Brazilian multinationals in conquering new markets..
- Explore future strategies that JBS can adopt to maintain its dominance in the global animal protein sector..
|THE ROAD AHEAD||EXHIBITS|
Strategy diamond, Environmental scanning using PESTEL, Porter’s diamond model, Industry analysis, Resourced-based view, Strategic capabilities, Competitive advantage, Acquisition-based growth, Organic growth, International management, globalization strategy