Swayamshree Micro Credit Services
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Understand the process of the formation and functions of self-help groups (SHGs).
- Evaluate and analyze the impact of microfinance as a poverty reduction tool.
- Study the initiatives undertaken by SMCS toward poverty alleviation in Odisha.
- Understand the challenges faced by MFIs in India and how SMCS can overcome these challenges.
- Explore the future strategies that SMCS should adopt to strike a balance between its social mission and ensuring financial sustainability of the organization.
|THE SWAYAMSHREE MODEL|
|PRODUCTS AND SERVICES|
|THE ROAD AHEAD|
Swayamshree Micro Credit Services (SMCS), Micro Finance Institutions (MFI),Self-Help Groups (SHGs),Center for Youth and Social Development (CYSD),Poverty alleviation, SHG–Bank Linkage Program (SBLP), Micro finance sector, Capacity building support