Championing Sustainability and Responsible Capitalism: Paul Polman at Unilever
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Study the leadership style of Paul Polman and discuss and debate whether he is a responsible leader.
- Analyze Unilever’s ‘Compass strategy’ and its Unilever Sustainable Living Plan.
- Evaluate Polman’s style of embedding sustainability into every stage of the value chain.
- Analyze the sustainability achievements of Unilever.
- Discuss and debate the possible challenges of implementing USLP.
|THE COMPASS STRATEGY|
|FIVE LEVERS OF CHANGE|
|LEADERSHIP STYLE||SUSTAINABILITY ACHIEVEMENTS|
|THE ROAD AHEAD|
Responsible Leadership, Corporate Sustainability, Business Ethics, Responsible Capitalism, Unilever Sustainable Living Plan, ‘Compass strategy’; Embedding sustainability, Value chain, Five Levers for Change, Leadership style, Unilever, FMCG