Lenovo: Challenger to Leader
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Critically analyze the strategies to be adopted by Lenovo to maintain its market leadership position in the lucrative Chinese PC market.
- Understand the issues and challenges faced by a Chinese PC company in growing its business
- Study how Lenovo achieved a balance in catering to global customers while customizing its practices to suit the needs of its Chinese consumers.
- Understand the strategies to be adopted by Lenovo to defend its market share in the global PC market considering the demand in the global PC industry was decreasing.
- Analyze Lenovo’s Protect and Attack strategy.
- Examine whether Lenovo could increase its dominance in the Chinese smartphone market and become a leading player in the Chinese smartphone market.
- Examine the strategies Lenovo should adopt to enter and make a mark in the US smartphone industry.
- Examine the challenges faced by Lenovo in gaining a presence in the intensely competitive US smartphone market.
|Ruling The China Market|
|Protect And Attack Strategy|
|The Challenges||Looking Ahead|
Lenovo, IBM, Global PC market, Chinese smartphone market, Pricing strategy, Acquisition strategy, Protect and Attack’ strategy, PC Plus strategy, Retail strategy, Globalization, Localization, Competitive advantage, Sales channels, Global brand, Brand recognition, Distribution, Brand channel, Tablets, Smartphones, Enterprise PC business, Samsung, Legend, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Smart connected devices, Apple, HP, Dell, iPhone