Del Monte-Shifting the IT Infrastructure to the Cloud
| Case Code: ITSY111
Case Length: 15 Pages
Pub Date: 2020
Teaching Note: Available
| Price: Rs.500
Organization: Del Monte Foods
Industry: Food & Beverage
Countries: United States
Themes: Management of Information Systems, Systems Design, Digital Strategy,Growth Strategy
Abstract Case Intro 1 Case Intro 2 Excerpts
The case ‘Del Monte – Shifting the IT Infrastructure to the Cloud’ talks about the shift of Del Monte Foods’ (Del Monte) IT infrastructure including its Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, to the public cloud. The move not only elevated the company’s IT performance, but also laid a solid foundation for innovation to support business value and growth. The case starts out by providing a brief history of Del Monte that is considered to be one of the top branded food product companies in the US. The case then provides the various reasons that prompted Del Monte to venture out on the journey to transform its IT infrastructure. The transformation process is then described along with the challenges that were encountered and overcome. The case also provides an in-depth look into the benefits that were derived from the enterprise cloud transformation. Can Del Monte’s successful move to the cloud prompt other large organizations to follow suit?
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Recognize the importance of organizational readiness to update technology according to changing trends.
- Scrutinize the compulsions that prompt a company to modernize its IT estate and boost its overall business agility.
- Appreciate the processes/ mechanisms that need to be re-engineered in the IT infrastructure of a company, while it is migrating to public cloud platforms.
- Analyze the challenges that organizations have to confront when they move to the cloud.
- Realize the advantages that organizations can derive from employing public cloud services.
- Examine how enterprise cloud transformation can elevate IT performance and also lay a solid foundation for innovation to support business value and growth.
Need for Del Monte to Move to the Cloud
The Transformation Process at Del Monte
The Benefits of Migration
Cloud Computing, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Public Cloud, IT Infrastructure, Food Products, Enterprise Cloud Transformation, SAP ERP: IT Spending Control, Business Apps, Automation Software, Industrialized Migration Tools, ERP Vendors, Cloud-based Tools, Native Cloud Capabilities, Disaster Recovery, Amazon Web Services
Buy this case study (Please select any one of the payment options)
||Price: Rs.500||PayPal (11 USD)