Ashok Leyland: Using BI and AI in the Automotive Industry
| Case Code: ITSY119
Case Length: 17 Pages
Pub Date: 2021
Teaching Note: Available
| Price: Rs.400
Organization: Ashok Leyland Limited
Themes: Artificial Intelligence, Digital Marketplace, Business Intelligence Systems,Big Data Strategy
Abstract Case Intro 1 Case Intro 2 Excerpts
The case “Ashok Leyland: Using BI and AI in the Automotive Industry” discusses the digital transformation brought about by India-based multinational automotive company Ashok Leyland (Leyland) in the past decade (2010-2020). The case starts with a brief history of how Leyland grew to its stature of being one of the leading manufacturers of automobiles in India and across the world. It then provides details of how Leyland inculcated an information-led culture and adopted a user-friendly business intelligence (BI) tool. Having implemented digital solutions for improving efficiency and productivity, Leyland looked at how digital could play a role in generating new revenue models and profits.
The case then discusses the varied features of Leyland’s shared IT (Information Technology) services platforms – Digital Marketplace and Digital Nxt that harnessed the latest technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning (ML), mobile and cloud technology. Can Venkatesh Natarajan (Natarajan), SVP-IT of Leyland, the key person who orchestrated the revolutionary changes in Leyland, continue to harness new technologies to win in the competitive automotive industry?
The case is structured to achieve the following teaching objectives:
- Examine why automobile companies are aggressively moving toward AI-enabled applications.
- Assess the opportunities and challenges in using IT applications to add business value.
- Analyze how an organization can leverage digital technology to improve processes and build new business models.
- Know the nuances of a data-driven culture.
- Recognize the role of Business Intelligence (BI) tools in gaining business insights and improving processes.
- Understand the process of building new IT systems based on organization change.
- Scrutinize the approaches for system development.
- Identify the various benefits of an AI-led business for the various stakeholders in the automotive industry.
Winds of Change
Leyland Built a Data-Driven Culture
Leyland’s Digital Marketplace
The ‘Digital Nxt’ Platform
The Customer Benefits
Artificial Intelligence; Business Intelligence Tools; Digital Transformation; Big Data; Data Analytics; Data Driven Culture; Internet of Things; Mobile Technology; Cloud Technology; Digital Marketplace; Platforms; Automotive Industry; Machine learning; Telematics; System Development
Buy this case study (Please select any one of the payment options)
||Price: Rs.400||PayPal (9 USD)